This year‘s Harrow Schools C.C. Challenge will take place on Wednesday October 17th. Schools have been mailed with the following information.
This year the event is FREE to enter – the Club is using proceeds from the Harrow half-marathon to cover running costs.
The FREE entry is a trial for this year to encourage more entries and athletes from schools in the catchment area. Due to the ongoing difficulty of finding volunteers available during the day to officiate, this event is now on the same day as (and follows) the primary schools’ event. If you can help as a marshal, please mail Damian Nevins
The timetable is below:
- 13.10 1 mile Under 10 (year 5) girls
- 13.30 1 miles Under 10 (year 5) boys
- 13.50 1¼ miles Under 11 (year 6) girls
- 14.10 1¼ mies Under 11 (year 6) boys
- 14.30 1¼ miles Under 12s (year 7) Boys
- 14.50 1¼ miles Under 12s (year 7) Girls
- 15.10 1¼ miles Under 13s (year 8) Boys
- 15.30 1¼ miles Under 13s (year 8) Girls
- 15.50 1¾ miles Under 14s (year 9) Boys
- 16.10 1¼ miles Under 14s (year 9) Girls
- 16.30 1¾ miles Under 15s/Under 16s (years 10 and 11) combined. Boys,
- 16.50 1¾ miles Under 15s/Under 16s (years 10 and 11) combined. Girls
The venue will be Bannister Stadium, junction of Oxhey Lane and Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, Harrow.
Each school can run as many boys as it likes in each age group, the first 4 across the line will count as the school’s “A” team, the next 4 the “B” team etc. Boys can still compete if a school has less than 4 boys in an age group.
There will be medals for the leading teams and individuals. The event is however for youngsters of all standards.
If you wish to compete, contact your school’s P.E. teacher or mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday October 10th
Late entries and entries on the day will not be allowed under any circumstances.